Welcome to Association of Catholic Women [ACWNZ] New Zealand.
The Association of Catholic Women is a national lay association within the Roman Catholic Church in New Zealand.
As Catholic lay women we take our bearings from the teaching of the church, Magisterium on the dignity, vocation and mission of lay people in general and women in particular.
In accordance with its general object, the Association embraces the following specific aims:
- To help catholic lay women deepen their understanding of their dignity and vocation as women.
- To help catholic women participate in the Church’s mission of evangelisation and sanctification.
- To promote understanding of the sanctity of human life from conception to the moment of natural death, according to the teaching of Humanae Vitae and other teaching of the Magisterium.
- To promote renewal in the understanding of the major vocations within the Church: marriage, the priesthood and religious life.
- To promote a special regard for the priesthood, support priests in their ministry, and promote vocations to the priesthood.
- To promote knowledge and use of the (new} Catechism of the Catholic Church authorised by the Holy Father.
- To promote the Catholic education and formation of young people.
Read More in the About page.